Last updated 25 June 2021
- ATIV as a “Business” and a “Service Provider”
California law makes a distinction between organizations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as "businesses") and organizations that process Personal Data on behalf of other organizations (known as "service providers"). Depending on the circumstances, ATIV may act as either a business or service provider with respect to your Personal Data. If you have a question or a complaint about how your Personal Data is handled, these should always be directed to the relevant business since they are the ones with primary responsibility for your Personal Data.
- Example: You are an event ORGANIZER, Client of ATIV’s services
- Example: You are an event attendee, CONSUMER of ATIV’s services
For example, if you create an account with ATIV to organize your events, we will be a business with respect to the Personal Data you provide to set up your account. ATIV will also be defined as a business with regard to the Personal Data we obtained from the use of the Applications or ATIV Services: Personal Data which could relate to Organizers or Consumers. We use this to conduct research and analysis to help better understand and serve Users of the Services as well as to improve our platform and provide you with more relevant recommendations about events we think may be of interest to you.
However, if you register for an event as a Consumer, we will process your Personal Data to help administer that event on behalf of the Organizer (for example, sending confirmation, promotional, and feedback emails, etc.) and to help the Organizer target, and understand the success of, their event and event planning (for example, using analytics to gain insights into the effectiveness of various channels, etc.). In these circumstances, ATIV merely provides the tools for Organizers; ATIV does not decide what Personal Data to request on registration forms, nor is it responsible for the continued accuracy of any Personal Data provided. Any questions you may have relating to your Personal Data and your rights under California law should therefore be directed to the Organizer as the business, not to ATIV.
- Summary of Information We Collect
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Services (e.g., contextual ads);
- Providing the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of Personal Data we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Data.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- California Shine the Light
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.