Web Application Developer (Remote Based in NC, NJ, NY, or PA)
Help reshape the world by providing scientists with immediate access to groundbreaking research. As a Web Application Developer you’ll play a crucial role in developing and refining mobile applications, web platforms, and backend interfaces critical to the success of large medical and scientific conferences. Our clients are non-profits, our end-users are highly educated professionals and our office is fully remote.
You’ll collaborate with a team of dedicated professionals on projects that help researchers learn about new discoveries all while enabling paperless events. We’re seeking someone for whom ‘mediocre’ is unacceptable and the ‘unknown’ is an invitation to innovate.
We’re a forward-thinking company developing cutting-edge technologies for major conferences in the medical and scientific fields. Attendees and clients alike enjoy our platform and call it the ‘best conference app for medical meetings.’ Your work on our solutions not only supports environmental sustainability but also facilitates content and networking discoverability that could spark new scientific breakthroughs.
If you are driven by client success and cherish the unparalleled lifestyle that a remote job affords, then you might be the perfect addition to our team.
More information about ATIV Software can be found at http://ativsoftware.com
The ideal candidate
- is a quick learner and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- excels in attention to detail
- is creative and thoughtful
- designs modern user interfaces for intuitive user experiences
- thinks strategically and is able to drive organizational initiatives
- is self-motivated and efficient in on-time task completion
- demonstrates strong problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5-10 years of experience working as a web application developer
- Expertise in developing secure, mobile-responsive applications compliant with WCAG standards
- Proven experience in implementing complex UIs
- Familiarity with command-line linux based tools, VI, G Suite, and agile project management tools such as TargetProcess
- Of course, excellent communication and team working abilities
Some of your responsibilities
This position requires a proactive and collaborative approach, as the Web Application Developer will actively participate in client and internal meetings, contribute to project planning and feature design, UI and UX design, and collaborate with cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for full platform and mobile web app development, implementation, QA testing, and tasks related to creating flawlessly coded solutions for our clients. In addition, you may collaborate with our Product team and at times directly with clients on improving and maintaining our products.
- Quality Work:
- Develop and deliver high-quality code that meets design specifications
- Anticipate issues in functionality, design, process, and proactively problem-solve to find a solution before delays
- Meticulous Coding:
- Code meticulously to adhere to design specifications and maintain consistency
- Ensure that code is clean, organized, and well-documented
- Testing / Quality Control:
- Develop UI and general unit tests
- Maintain tests and implement new test frameworks as appropriate
- Conduct thorough and detailed Quality Control (QC) on developed websites and applications
- Identify and address any bugs, errors, or inconsistencies in the code
- Strategically identify and resolve technical issues for clients
- Provide assistance and guidance to clients and team members in navigating and understanding technical areas.
- Support and Maintenance:
- Actively support and maintain existing client accounts and websites
- Respond promptly to client inquiries and troubleshoot any technical issues
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Attend client and internal meetings to discuss project requirements, updates, and feedback
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work with team members, including other developers, designers, and project manager to create rigorous requirements, design and mockup documentation
- Collaborate to establish project objectives and ensure cohesive code execution
- Feedback and Assistance:
- Provide feedback on technical and development needs to improve processes and outcomes
- Assist in project planning by offering insights and expertise in the technical aspects of web development
- Full Time and 100% remote (this is not a contract position)
- Paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid holidays
- Salary range is $80,000 – $100,000 annually
- Casual, dynamic, and creative environment with a focus on learning and sharing
How to apply
Only apply if you are eligible to work in the United States and are a resident of one of these states: NC, NJ, NY, or PA.
Send the following to hr-application [at] ativsoftware [dot] com in a single email (incomplete entries will not be reviewed):
- Cover letter as email body and include in the cover letter:
- A description of your favorite web project you completed (include URL or screenshots)
- The first 2 digits of the square root of PI in your cover letter.
- Which job board did you find this job posting on?
- LinkedIn Profile URL
- Attach resume in PDF format only
- Optionally include:
- Letter of recommendation from a previous or current employer
Note: The position is 100% remote and requires reliable high-speed internet access.