ATIV offers Services, including but not limited to the EventPilot Platform and Website, on behalf of its customers or partners. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any personal information you provide through the Service may be shared with the customer or partner who engaged ATIV to provide the service you were directed to use. Please consult with the partner organization, which is providing the app to you, about how they handle your personal information.
When this policy mentions “ATIV,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to the ATIV Software company (the “Data Processor”). When the policy mentions “Customers” or “Partners”, it refers to the parties (the “Data Controllers”) that engage ATIV Software to provide products and services to you.
The Platform may include links to other applications or sites or integrate with social sharing features. This Policy applies to the Services of ATIV only. Any information you submit to linked sites, via integrated sharing, or to other applications will be subject to the privacy policies of those providers. You should review those policies carefully before providing any information to these linked sites or applications.
1. Information We Collect and Receive
1.1 Information Received from Customers and Third Parties
Customers or Third Party Services that use our Platform may upload information that could contain personal information about you. We do not control, supervise or respond for how Customers and Third Parties providing your information process your personal data. Any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Customers: We may receive information about you through data upload to the Platform by our Customers and Partners.
- Third Party Data Services: Customers may import information about you including your affiliations and publications, your schedules or CME/Credit information.
- Third Party Login Services: If you link, connect, or login with a third party service (e.g. Customer Member Login, Registration Company related login such as badge ID and last name, Abstract Management Systems, Google, LinkedIn, etc.), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service. Please check your privacy settings at that service.
1.2 Information You Provide
- Basic Account: Depending on the Customer’s setup, you may be able to use the Platform without an account. Creating an account gives you access to additional features such as sync across devices. When you sign up for an account, we require basic information such as your first name, last name, email address, and password. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your profile (such as a photo).
- Public Share: You are responsible for any information you share publicly on the Platform via comments, photos, Q&A, etc.
- Non-Public Share: To enable you to communicate with other Platform users by sending or receiving messages, we will store and process your communications and information related to them.
- Contact Us & Feedback: Information you provide via support links and forms is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may store comments to improve our Platform, website, products, process, and for review. Do not send us any information, ideas, suggestions, proposals, or comments that you consider confidential or that you want to be treated as confidential.
- Feature Use: You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your profile, respond to surveys, post a comment, participate in gamification, or use other features of the Platform.
1.3 Information Automatically Collected
To enable certain functionality and to improve your experience, we automatically collect information when you are logged in to the Platform. This includes personal information and information about the services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information: When you are logged in, we collect information about your interactions with the Platform such as the features you use, search terms you enter, pages you visit, etc.
- In App Content: In order to enable sync across devices, your in-app content, such as schedule, bookmarks, notes, etc., are collected.
- Location Information: To personalize your Platform experience and offer functionality such as indoor navigation, we provide location services. We may collect information about your location based on your mobile device’s GPS or Bluetooth Beacon proximity when the app is running in the foreground or background. You can control or disable the use of location services in the device’s settings menu as well as the app’s Settings menu. However, disabling location settings on your mobile device will limit your ability to use certain features of the Services.
- Beacons enable the native apps to determine your proximity to a set defined locator, if in use, for alerts, notification, or navigation purposes using your device’s Bluetooth signal. Receiving Beacon transmission can be disabled by turning off your device’s Bluetooth. If indoor navigation functionality is available, you can control location tracking sharing in the user profile settings in the platform.
Information that may be collected when you are not logged in:
- Logs: We automatically collect log data and device information for automated crash reporting, even if you are not logged in. That information includes, among other things: hardware and software information, device information, device event information, and crash data.
- Emails: Your contact information may have been provided by Customer or may be provided during login or registration. We may use customized links or similar technologies to determine whether the email has been opened and which links you click in order to help provide you more relevant information.
You understand that logging out or deleting the Personal Information that you have provided may affect your ability to use the Services and features provided. Deleting information may not result in removal of such information from our Services.
1.4 Personal Data and Children
The Platform is intended for persons 18 years of age and older. In no event will ATIV knowingly collect, use, or disclose information for individuals under the age of 18.
2. How We Use Your Information
If you are logged in to the Platform, we store, and process information about you in order to provide Platform functionality. We may aggregate data to help provide more useful information to our Customers and to understand which parts of our Platform are of most interest to users. The data is used to service,.
- Enable you to access additional functionality of the Platform including sync across devices, receive location-specific notifications and navigation, etc.
- Enable you to communicate with other Platform users
- Provide customer service
- Determine peak occupancy to improve planning for Customers
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications (your contact information may have been provided by the Customer or submitted by you during account creation). If you wish to withdraw your participation from these emails, you may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time by unsubscribing at the bottom of the email message.
- Enable our Customers to personalize and customize your experience (such as providing functionality specific to your registration information)
- Operate, improve, and optimize the Platform and experience including capacity planning, anticipating, diagnosing, supporting or resolving problems that might limit or disrupt the Platform as well as internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the quality of the Service.
3. How We Share Your Data
To enable our services for our Customers and Partners, your data is shared with them. To support networking, some information is shared with other Platform users.
Shared at ATIV
- We may review, scan, or analyze your use of the Platform for investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. We do not review, scan, or analyze your information to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell this information or analyses of your communications.
Shared with Customers
- General Platform usage information presented in aggregate reports (e.g. session ratings, geo-location data, searches, general app usage, bookmarks, etc.).
- Your Schedules, credit flags
- User profile information including comments and photos you shared
Your personal notes and direct messages to other users are not shared with Customers or Partners.
Shared via Third Party Partner Integrations
The Platform may contain links or integrations to third party websites or services, such as itinerary planners, content platforms (e.g. ePosters), survey services, audience response systems, abstract management systems, accreditation sites, etc. Personal information is shared in order to enable the integrations and provide the Platform. ATIV does not own or control these third-party partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to them. These partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. Please review the privacy policies of any other websites you visit.
- Your profile information, such as your first name name, last name, photo (if uploaded by the Customer or by you), and any information uploaded by our Customers or Partners may be visible to others.
- Comments, Q&A questions, photos, etc.
We do not control the practices of Customers and Partners. Please review the Privacy Policies of related services.
We may also share your information with third parties for these purposes:
- to allow an acquisition, a merger, or a sale of all or portion of our assets.
- to publish aggregate information about the use of the Platform.
- if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on ATIV; (b) protect and defend the rights of ATIV (including enforcement of our agreements); or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of ATIV employees, users of the ATIV sites, products or services, or members of the public.
4. How You Can Manage Your Data
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
4.1 Manage Your Information
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
Any information you have publicly shared via the Platform, you can remove yourself by deleting your shared content using the Platform.
Any inaccurate data uploaded by our Customer or imported through a third party data source must be corrected at the source. Please contact the organization that provided you access to our Platform.
4.2 Correct Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you. Information displayed about you in the Service may have been derived from a third party. Please contact ATIV’s Customer, who provided you with access to the Platform, to request data access, data updates, or data deletion.
4.3 Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
4.4 Data Retention and Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between the Customer and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to store your information to provide the Platform to you, you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., comments, photos, messages) may continue to be publicly visible on the Platform, even after your Account is erased.
- Because we maintain the Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
4.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by logging out of the Platform. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal nor does logging out delete your previous information collected. Additionally, in some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 4.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of ATIV override your own.
4.6 Objection to Processing
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to require ATIV not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing ATIV will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Your personal information is not processed for direct marketing purposes.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
ATIV is committed to protecting the security of your information and we undertake practical and reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction, or loss. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always choose to log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Some services such as messaging or social networking may share Personal Information and may be visible to other users to be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances.
If have reason to believe that your Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.