FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
First higher education technology conference going mobile with EventPilot iPhone and Android event app
WCET is the first educational conference that implements cutting-edge program app EventPilot to demonstrate mobile educational technology to educators
SANTA ROSA, Calif. – October 14, 2010 – ATIV Software today released WCET 2010 , the first mobile event program for a higher education conference. The app is a customized implementation of the new EventPilot 3.0 conference system with innovative just-in-time information feeds for attendees.
The WCET Annual Conference brings together e-learning leaders and practitioners who advance excellence in technology-enhanced teaching and learning in higher education. Not only do attendees connect and share ideas, they get to experience educational technology in action. “This year, one of WCET’s focus area’s is on mobile learning and we knew EventPilot was a must have for the conference,” Megan Raymond, Programs and Events Manager at WCET.
Features of the WCET 2010 app include:
- Dynamic “Now” alert view with organizer messages, schedule reminders, and upcoming events list
- Media support for m4v and YouTube videos
- Complete interactive conference program and animated venue maps
- PowerPoint presentation slides integration with slide sharing via Twitter
- Note taking, speaker and session rating, and note sharing
- Twitter feed and posting integration
- Speaker detail information with photo
- Session evaluations
- Additional custom pages such as WCET website, and WCET’s Learn and Advance Agendas.
The iPhone app is available now in the App Store.
The BlackBerry and Android versions will be available early November.
About the WCET
The WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) is an action-based community of practice for higher education that accelerates the adoption of effective practices and policies, advancing excellence in technology-enhanced teaching and learning in higher education.
For more information, visit http://wcet.wiche.edu/
About ATIV Software
ATIV Software provides cross-platform custom mobile app development and offers EventPilot, the customizable mobile conference guide for event and meeting planners. EventPilot is available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and web-enabled mobile devices.
For more information, visit www.ativsoftware.com